Schooling Show Recognition
HDS Recognized Schooling Show Requirements
Promote the advancement of Schooling Shows in Region 9 to promote furthering the art of dressage through education.
To be eligible for HDS Schooling Show Recognition the following requirements shall be met:
1. Complete and submit the ‘Application for Recognized HDS Schooling Show’ with a nominal fee of $35.00 per show to the HDS Schooling Show Chair. Note: Payment with judge’s names (#2) must be sent with HDS Schooling Show request form in order to reserve dates and information posted on the HDS website.
2. Select and book judge(s) from the list of HDS Approved Schooling Show Judges located on the HDS Website.
Note 1: No judge shall be required to officiate longer than 8 hours in one day, unless the judge has agreed in writing, and cannot be required to be on the competition grounds longer than 10 hours. Judges must be given at least a 45-minute lunch break and at least a 10 minute break every 2 hours.
Note 2: In order for an HDS member to qualify for year end awards, they must have scores from 2-3 different judges (reference HDS year end awards criteria on the HDs website). To increase your chances for HDS member attendance at your show, you may need to select multiple judges if you are having multiple shows during the year.
4. Schooling Show Managers and personnel shall ensure adherence to the “HDS DRESSAGE Schooling Show GUIDELINES” (based upon USEF Dressage Rules) located on the HDS website.
5. Schooling Show Management shall offer Dressage Classes recognized by HDS. You may offer all or a combination of the following classes:
- 1st through PSG Levels
- Prix Caprilli (Intro, Training, 1st level)
- Dressage Seat Equitation: Junior Walk/Trot (Intro), Amateur Walk/Trot (Intro), Junior Walk, Trot, Canter, and Amateur Walk Trot Canter
Please contact your prospective judge to confirm level and type of classes to be offered.
Note: Show management may offer other specialty classes than above (i.e. costume classes, jackpot classes, etc.) at their own discretion. Scores from those classes will not be counted in HDS recognized year end or HDS Schooling Show Championship scores. It is suggested that the Schooling Show management notify their judges of any specialty classes.
6. HDS Hi Point awards shall be given only to current year HDS members. The following HDS hi point awards will be sent to the schooling show managers upon receipt of application & fees:
- For HDS Members only: Hi Point Tri-color sashes: Junior/YR and Amateur HI Point for Training and 1st level thru PSG ONLY.
- For HDS Members only: HDS Hi Point Medals: Junior/YR and Amateur HI Point for Intro ONLY
Schooling Show management shall verify eligibility of HDS schooling show high point Junior & Amateur winners from the membership list posted on the HDS Website. Please include in your prize list a requirement that HDS members include proof of their membership, i.e. membership card and HDS membership number.
Note: Any individual may become an HDS member AT THE SHOW and become eligible to receive the HDS Hi Point Schooling Show award by completing the HDS Membership application and pay the membership fee. Application and fee will be collected by the Schooling Show Management and mailed to the HDS Treasurer (address located on the HDS website). HDS Membership application can be found on the HDS Website. Please note new memberships on your score sheets turned into the HDS Schooling Show Chair!
7. Schooling Show Management shall submit the final competition score sheet with complete listing of ALL competitor names, scores (percentages to 3 decimal places) and placing for all classes shall be emailed to the HDS Schooling Show Chair within 2 weeks of the completion of the show for posting on the HDS website & for verification of HDS year end schooling show award eligibility. It is requested that you use the excel spreadsheet provided by the HDS Schooling Show Chair. HDS Hi Point Amateur and Junior shall be identified in the show results.
8. Schooling Show Management shall use approved HDS & USEF Dressage tests. GAG and Prix Caprilli tests are located on the HDS website. Training, 1st level thru PSG, Freestyle tests can be downloaded from the USEF website. Note: Complete USEF score sheets are posted for free download via their “Authorized User” Accounts (AUA) on http://www.usef.org/(for more information regarding Authorized User Accounts, please visit the Federation website). Anyone, whether a USEF member or not, may sign up for free AUA access. Intro tests are found on the USDF website: usdf.org.
In return for Schooling Show recognition, Houston Dressage Society will:
- List the show in the Events Calendar of the HDS website and newsletter and send an email to HDS membership prior to the show date; Mailing labels will be provided for an additional fee of $5.00 per set of labels.
- Post link on the HDS website (Schooling Shows calendar) to Show Management’s website or to a promotional flyer or entry form, if such materials are provided by show management in a timely and appropriate electronic format (pdf);
- Provide to Schooling Show Management the HDS awards for presentation to HDS High Point Junior and Amateur Members at the show;
- Post show results on the HDS website (Schooling Show or Activities section) if submitted by show management in a timely and appropriate electronic format; and
- Recognize scores earned at HDS Recognized Schooling Shows for HDS members for computation of HDS year end awards.
For more info, please contact HDS Schooling Show Chair