August 2014 HDS President Message
Dear HDS Members,
It’s only August, but the qualifying period for the GAIG/USDF Region 9 and SWDC Championships will end on Sept. 15, 2014. Scores received at USDF Recognized shows after Sept. 15 will count towards 2015 qualifying. As the 2014 competition calendar comes to an end, it’s time to consider membership renewals for 2015.
The HDS Board voted a $5 increase in Senior (21+) and Junior (under 21) member dues for 2015. It has been many years since HDS increased member dues. The increase is needed to help fund future programs.
Here’s a quick review of HDS membership benefits:
- Automatic USDF Group Membership which includes the monthly USDF Connection magazine, eligibility to compete at USDF recognized competitions, eligibility for USDF Rider Awards and member discounts at USDF events
- Eligibility for HDS Year End Awards and Rider Achievement Certificates
- Discounts at all HDS educational events
- Monthly HDS Collective Remarks newsletter
- Eligibility for the Joe R. Bushager Memorial Fund annual scholarship
- Free classified ads in Collective Remarks and on the HDS website
- Lots more!
HDS is a non-profit organization managed by an all-volunteer board. Every dollar of HDS profit is reinvested into the club for increased member value. HDS continues to build for the future and there are exciting activities already being planned for 2015 and 2016.
I hope you’ll join HDS in 2015!
All the best,
Leslie Rohrer – HDS President