July 2014 President’s Message
Dear HDS Members,
It’s hard to believe, but 2014 is more than half over. That means the race to the finish line is upon us. After a short summer lull, HDS is gearing back up for what’s ahead. Here’s a brief overview of the fall 2014 events:
- The HDS Laborious Day Shows I&II, August 30-31, are open for entries. The entry closing date is August 8. The prize list can be found on showsecretary.com or houstondressagesociety.org.
- Olympian Lendon Gray is coming back to Houston to teach another Emerging Dressage Athlete Program (EDAP) clinic on September 27-28 for Juniors. Rider applications are at dressage4kids.org.
- GAIG/USDF Region 9 and Southwest Dressage Championships and HDS Autumn Classic, October 9-12, will open for entries on August 15. This is the only Region 9 show that can qualify a rider for the US Dressage Finals.
- HDS Deep in the Heart of Texas I&II, November 1-2, is the perfect show for cooler weather to get the 2015 Region 9 qualifying done early.
- US Dressage Finals, November 6-9, in Lexington, KY. The top Open and AA riders from the regional championships are qualified to compete. Visit usdressagefinals.com for details and to “Declare”, “Nominate” and enter.
- HDS Schooling Show Championships, December 13-14. This show highlights the end of the schooling show competition year. It’s also one of the most fun shows HDS hosts.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Leslie Rohrer - HDS President